If you’ve applied for a visa to the US, the next step will be attending your scheduled interview at the U.S. Embassy. The purpose of the US visa interview is to verify whether those coming to the United States are doing so honestly and with the right intentions. The initial impression you create and what you say during the first minute or two of the interview is critical to your success.
FIND ME ON INSTAGRAM
Here are 10 helpful tips to increase your chances of obtaining the US Visa:
- Keep your answers short, precise and to the point. Due to the high volume of visa applications, Consular officers are under immense pressure to conduct quick interviews.
- Pay full attention to the interviewer. If you do not understand a question, request the officer to rephrase it.
- Do not lie or exaggerate your answers. The US Consular officers are trained at detecting lies and, if they doubt you are hiding something, your US visa application may get rejected.
- Avoid excessive talking and extra detailing. Do not give information that are not directly related to the questions.
- Provide clear background information about your employment, business, education or source of financial support.
- Make it clear that you will be returning home at the end of the trip. The US visa interview is your chance to prove that you have a well-established life in your home country.
- Some of the most common visa questions are,
- Why do you want to travel to the US now?
- Who are you visiting?
- How long do you plan to stay in the US?
- What do you do for a living?
- Tell us more about your family life?
- Who is paying for your US trip?
Prepare answers that address these questions but do not recite, or your answers might seem rehearsed and fake.
8. The information you provide has to be in line with the documents you submit. Gather documents that support your case such as itinerary, accommodation details, employment letter, bank statements, etc.
9. Dress as you would for any business meeting or job interview. Avoid wearing T-shirts, sportswear, or anything overly casual.
10. Project a confident posture with your back straight, shoulders held back, and head high, maintain eye contact with the interviewer while speaking.
ALSO READ: NEED A BRAZIL VISA FOR INDIANS? HERE’S YOUR QUICK 3 MINUTE READ
ALSO READ: UK TOURIST VISA FOR INDIANS: TIPS AND REQUIREMENTS
The US tourist visa interview may seem like a daunting process but consulting with a trusted visa expert can help. With over 40 years of experience, Akbar Travels’ team of visa experts can significantly boost your chances of getting a US visa in the very first attempt. Schedule your free US visa consultation today!
YOU MAY LIKE THESE
The reproduction of any of the content, including the photographs without prior consent/permission of the writer, is strictly prohibited and a violation of the same will attract legal action.
Pin it later
Did you like the post?
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram, and stay updated and notified about the latest posts.
For any kind of collaboration with My Travel Diary, reach at [email protected]
True the better you document the better for you and often times the more you have travelled the better the chance of getting a visa.
safaritravelplus recently posted…Kenya Visa Requirements & Cost
What a wonderful blog sharing US visa tips. To make things clear like you will get back close to the completion of the journey will genuinely uphold your conceivable outcomes of visa underwriting. Incredible significant information. Keep up your uncommon work. Thank you for sharing it!
Exactly right! Keep it up. Excellent Keep up the good work. Exceptional Magnificent Exciting Majestic thoughts Exemplary Marvelous Exhilarating Meritorious Extraordinary Much better Fabulous My goodness, how impressive!
Thank you so much for sharing all this wonderful info with the how-to’s!!!! It is so appreciated!!!
Its always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! Im sure you had fun writing this article.
Valuable information and excellent design you got here!Best uk visa consultant
Thanks for your guides 🙂
I hope one day I get this visa.
You shared really great sources of comments backlinks.
Such a great blog sharing US visa tips. To make things clear like you will be returning home at the end of the trip will really boost your chances of visa approval. Good valuable information. Keep up your great work.
You make me happy.
Very informative content
Thank you so much for tips. Really helps
keliones recently posted…Ar tikrai yra geriausias dienos laikas valgyti vaisius?